NGO: Public Health Concern Trust-NEPAL
Public Health Concern Trust, Nepal (phect-NEPAL) is a secular, non-political, not-for-profit national level Non-government Organization (NGO) committed to health development. It was founded in 1991, with the overall objective of developing a model of sustainable community health care throughout rural Nepal.
IDRF Partner Since: 2012
Focus Area(s): Health and Disaster Rehabilitation
Project Title: COVID-19 Relief Campaign in Nepal
During the coronavirus pandemic, IDRF has sent $10,000 to Phect-Nepal to address specific needs at the Kathmandu Model Hospital. The grant helped cover the things such as:
- Financial help for hospital staff (laid off or has work hours reduced)
- Operating costs that were impacted due to a reduction in the hospital’s revenue
- Procurement of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Essential equipment for the care of in-patients during the pandemic
- Emergency supplies for virus control and containment, etc.